Sunday, October 14

I need your help, please

Next Sunday I'm going to be preaching at the Evangelical Church of Chuuk on the Island of Weno (Chuuk State [formerly Truk], Federated States of Micronesia) and I'm thinking that I'm going to be speaking from Romans 16:16 where Paul says "All the churches of Christ send their greetings."

Weno is a fairly isolated place compared to where most of us live. So I think that it would be fun to focus on their connection to the church in the rest of the world -- and to bring them greetings from all the churches of Christ. I'm wondering if I could get people representing churches (you don't have to be an "official representative" to do this) from all over the world to send a two or three sentence greeting that I could read to them -- perhaps mentioning something about your church, where you're from, and what it is like there -- and then a brief word of encouragement and love.

If you could email it to me by Tuesday Stateside time (which would pretty much be Wednesday our time) that would be great. I leave Friday morning and because Weno has very spotty Internet connections I may or may not be able to pick up email after that.

Thanks for your help.

No comments: