Monday, June 27

Monday Notes

  • Dan has posted pictures of the newborn Clara. Total cuteness.

  • Larry Norman, the "father of Christian rock," is on his farewell tour. He's of special interest to me because when he was a teen he played in a garage band across the street from my childhood home and as a kid his family attended our church occasionally (or so I've been told -- I don't remember seeing him). I have a copy of his 1969 Capitol album, Upon This Rock, which I understand is rare because Capitol and Larry didn't see eye-to-eye on something and they melted the remaining vinyl. He reissued it on his own label. His concerts were always engaging -- but his acidic rhetoric seemed way too much and I eventually quit going to hear him. He's had a lot of health problems over the years and I suspect he's mellowed a bit.

  • Are 20-somethings spoiled or just a lot smarter than the rest of us?

  • Shaquille O'Neal, MBA
  • No comments: