Saturday, September 19

Random

• All of our new electronic gadgets are stressing the grid. ~ link

Frank Schaeffer in reference to the large number of conservative voters who think that it's possible that President Obama is the anti-Christ:
You don‘t work to move them off this position. You move past them. Look, a village cannot reorganize village life to suit the village idiot. It‘s as simple as that. And we have to understand, we have a village idiot in this country, it‘s called "Fundamentalist Christianity."
While I wouldn't put it quite that way, he is correct. We can't design a political agenda around a group with a misinterpretation of a biblical concept. But what do we do when there so many "village idiots"?

I posted on Twitter about the cricket that has been serenading us in our bedroom and suddenly I get Aussies following me. I'm certain they're thinking of that OTHER cricket. I suppose that if we hadn't sent the king packing in the 18th century I might actually understand the game now. I'm a victim of history. Reparations are in order.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I had to admit that at first I thought you had finally figured the game out in spite of history. But as I continued reading decided otherwise. Rather, than reparations, Mal will give you free lesson when you visit!

don said...

When I visited a friend in England he tried to teach me..... it was a failure.

Unknown said...

Actually, Linda is quite the expert on cricket (bat and ball variety). So it is possible to convert an American. She loves it and knows all the finer points.

Brad Boydston said...

Mal, not all Americans are as smart as the one you married.