Sunday, June 19

Random

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! My brother Gary and I (and our spouses) took our father (and mother) to breakfast yesterday at T.C. Eggington's in Mesa. Best breakfast in Central Arizona for the best father.

FOR THOSE TRACKING the wanderings of our #2 son -- Kent should be out of Seoul and into London sometime today. He is taking the scenic route home to Arizona and should arrive here in Phoenix in about one month.

LUTEFISK TACO -- I'm into fusion but there are limits. ~ link

BANK OF AMERICA is going to be giving away some of the foreclosed homes in their inventory. It seems like it would have made more sense to work with the original owners to modify their loans -- or just to have given the homes to them -- less paperwork, hassle, and cost. What am I missing? ~ link

JUST LOADED Small Is Big!: Unleashing the Big Impact of Intentionally Small Churchesby Tony & Felicity Dale and George Barna, into my Kindle, upon the recommendation of Guy Muse. I doubt that I'll agree with it all but I'm more and more convinced that we get more of significance done with a lot of smaller units -- and fewer bigger units.

KITTEN FOUND in car air filter ~ link

SOMEONE QUOTED Thomas Sowell, "Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face." Since the US is technically a "liberal democracy" does that mean that we are founded on the ideals of totalitarianism? Just asking...

No comments: