Sunday, December 22

MYWAY.COM
I previously subscribed to a portal service called myway.com. It went belly up a couple of years ago. Much to my surprise it showed up again a few months ago – except with a new owner and a whole new system. This portal is sure to give my.yahoo.com a run for their money – especially since myway.com doesn’t have any advertising.

I’ve been playing with the customization for the past couple of months and have now switched my home/start page from my.yahoo. As much as I like yahoo, myway has a nice feel to it and is ad free. They don’t yet have a calendar so I’m linking back into the yahoo calendar – but the myway people say they’ve got their own coming soon.

I was a bit concerned about investing much time into the customization since I’m not sure how the myway people intend to stay afloat without advertising. But they say that they are already profitable. Here’s their pitch: “Myway makes money through clearly identified sponsored listings and text links. We also keep our expenses low by partnering with the best and most trusted providers in the business instead of doing everything ourselves.” So, I’m giving it a try.

No comments: