Monday, January 13

EOGHAN HEASLIP, MERCY




Dan Whitmarsh, a terrific musician in his own right, has a review of this new CD. You can access the whole review thru the Abet list archives.

Dan writes: This album was just handed to me by a friend who works in the local christian bookstore. It hasn't been out of my CD player yet, except to transport it from home to car to office. The album, recorded live at CORE church, is well-produced and very strong for a first offering. It reflects the tenor of much gen-x, post-modern worship, with lyrical melodies, deep, God-focused lyrics, a powerful band that shines but doesn't overpower, and songs that you keep humming after you head out the door. At my first listening I simply put the CD on in the dark and let the music flow over me, allowing it to lead me into a spirit of worship that was both profound and exciting.

worshipmusic.com has this album featured on the front page of their site.

No comments: