Monday, January 6

RUSS REEVES ON ISLAM...
"I won't defend the way these three choose to criticize Islam, but it's hard not to notice a strange trend: When Jerry Falwell said Islam is a religion of terrorism, Islamic clerics said this was false, and called for Falwell's assassination. When Pat Robertson said Islam is a religion of war, Islamic clerics said this was false, and called for Robertson's assassination..." Read all of Russ' comments here.

Russ used to pop in on the Evang-Ortho discussion list and I always found his comments stimulating. Then I found his blog the other day and I patted myself on the back for being such a good surfer. He's a professor of Church History at Trinity Christian College in Palos Heights, Illinois -- a little more on the Reformed side than myself. But he's always thoughtful and stimulating. Not to be confused with Russ Reeves the commedian.

No comments: