Tuesday, January 21

SWEDISH PANCAKES
We had Swedish pancakes for the third evening meal in a row. On Sunday night we had my Sunday School class over for a pancake supper. I made eight batches but really only needed to make five. So we had leftover batter -- which we used last night and tonight. Still tastes great the third day out! Here's the recipe:
1 cup milk (I use skim but obviously regular would make it even richer -- and I actually put in a little more than a cup because I like them thin)
2 beaten eggs
1 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
Mix the ingrediants and bake on a hot griddle. We used real maple syrup and lingonberries (available in the US at IKEA).

I wish I could say that I got the recipe from my Swedish grandmother. The pancakes do taste just like the ones she made but I found the recipe in the Var Så God cookbook, published by the American Swedish Institute in 1980 (and given to us by my Grandma Edie).

No comments: