Tuesday, January 28

TURLOCK TODAY
It was a beautiful day in Turlock -- even with some clouds it was the first really sunny day since December 23rd (not that we're keeping track or anything). Cheryl and I both have Tuesdays off so we did a lot of running around -- went to the Men's Wearhouse in Modesto (The Board of the Ordered Ministry meets next week and someone seems to think that board attire should be "professional" -- which in the Midwest means you wear a coat, I guess. So I had to go buy one. It's all cultural – not mine – but somebody’s.). We did a little Costco shopping and had lunch. Then I planted 15 redwood seedlings into pots. I'm now nurturing 35 redwood trees. They will eventually form the western perimeter of the church property. Both the apricot and cherry trees seem to think that spring is around the corner -- both have swelling buds. I'm afraid that the apricot tree might have its first bloom while I'm in Chicago next week and I'll miss it.

No comments: