Thursday, July 10

THE ROOT CANAL
I'm feeling much better today. Yesterday I had a root canal (on #15 for you dental types). Since I'd never had a root canal before, the whole thing was all new. The dentist and his assistance were talking in terms I had never heard and using new-to-me tools to perform unknown procedures. I kept wanting to ask for play-by-play descriptions but my mouth wasn't available for conversation. That was frustrating. I felt like I missed out on an education.

It wasn't at all painful but sitting there for 75 minutes with my mouth propped open was pretty wearing (I'm a squirmy person by nature). Usually dental work doesn't bother me that much. I've had so much over the years that I'm just thankful that the dentists and hygienists are there doing their thing. I'd be in horrible shape without them.

No comments: