Tuesday, July 15

ST JOHN CHRYSOSTOM QUOTE
I came across a quote in an article that was attributed to St. John Chrysostom, but there was no source listed. And I haven't yet found it in my searches. Anyone know the origins?

"I do not believe in the salvation of anyone who does not try to save others."

I found it in an article by Fr Luke Veronis in the June/July issue of the Orthodox Observer (p. 10). Fr Veronis is responding to the ongoing murmur of Greeks who are concerned that all the converts are taking over THEIR church! Part of the problem lies with the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America leadership. Up until recently they have publically stated that one of their purposes is the advancement of Hellenic culture. So when their people see non-Greek influences they are concerned.

No comments: