Tuesday, September 16

THE LAST FARRELL'S?
Kirk and I are in San Diego. And just a way down the street from our $45/night Priceline Marriott Residence Inn we ran across a Farrell's ice cream restaurant.

I haven't seen a Farrell's in years! Our high school youth group in San Jose used to go to Farrell's after Sunday night church -- at least a couple of times a month. My brother worked at a Farrell's in Tempe when he was in college. But I thought they had all gone out of business. Well, that was mostly true. Our waitress tonight told us that the Mira Mesa Farrell's is the last remaining restaurant in the chain. It was even better than I remember.

(I goggled Farrell's and found references to a few other Farrell's around the US. But the chain is obviously nothing like it was. Time for a come-back?)

No comments: