Saturday, October 25

IE DEAD
(Saturday) Internet Explorer has ceased to function on my computer (It just stopped -- no coughing or wheezing -- but sudden death). Whenever I try to download a site it just gives me a "The page cannot be displayed" message.

I tried reinstalling IE but I get an error message saying that a newer version is already installed -- and it won't let me go any further. So I decided to completely uninstall IE -- but I couldn't find it on the list of programs (control panel -> add or remove programs).

Frankly, I don't mind working in Netscape. Netscape loads faster and is cleaner. But I can't run the Google tool bar in Netscape and I'm in love with that application. Also, I can't get Windows automatic updates without IE.

I run XP-home. The IE I have installed is 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633.

Suggestions?

No comments: