Monday, January 19

NEW LA TIMES ARTICLE ON FULLER
(Monday) For at least a second time in the past three months the LA Times has an article on Fuller Theological Seminary (the school from which I hold a couple of degrees). I don't know how this has happened but perhaps the Times is just trying to make up for all the years when Fuller wasn't really on their radar screen and religion coverage in general was pretty weak. It's nice to see them making the effort.

The article "Seminary Functions as Spiritual United Nations" highlights the fact that the "small evangelical campus in Pasadena draws a large contingent of scholars from around the world." That's not really new news but it is noteworthy.

The international dimension is one of the things that I really enjoyed about my experience at Fuller. When you're sitting in class next to a bishop from Nigeria or a great evangelist from Indonesia that really adds a level of depth to class discussion -- to say nothing of the fact that all along I'm hoping that at least some of who they are might rub off on me.

No comments: