Tuesday, February 10

MOZILLA
(Tuesday) I downloaded the new Mozilla browser (Firefox) and email client (Thunderbird). The browser runs clean and works well -- although I can't run my beloved Google bar in it. The email client, however, is lost somewhere on my computer. When it installed it didn't make a shortcut on my desktop, nor did it file itself in the list of programs. I can't find it with a system search. I suppose that's okay. It did quirky things with my signature anyway. By default it adds two lines ( - - ) above my signature. At one point back in the age of dinosaurs I think some geeks decided that should be the signature protocol, but nobody -- and I mean nobody -- uses it. But they've left it in there anyway and it doesn't look like I can get rid of it. So much for "open" source!

No comments: