Saturday, March 26

THE NEWS FROM LAKE WOBEGON
It will be an early morning tomorrow -- probably getting out of bed at 3:30 a.m. in order to be ready for our 5:55 a.m. outdoor sunrise service. Indoor worship is at 10 a.m. -- followed by the annual egg hunt. Cheryl is on cookie duty. Then we'll pack the car for our trip to San Diego to drop Kirk off at school (He has his first class of the spring quarter on Monday). Cheryl, Betsy, and I will spend the night at the Motel 6 and then head to Tempe (where my parents and my brother and his family live) for the week.

Kent has the week off (UC Irvine and UC San Diego have different spring break weeks) but he's going down to Baja to work in an orphanage for his break. We will catch up with him on Saturday, though, go to worship with him at NewSong, his Irvine church, on Sunday and head home.

The orange tree in the back yard has started to bloom and should be in full swing during the week we're on the road -- which is a bummer. I look forward to the fragrance.

Good news from the backyard: Last fall I repotted my young guava tree but it went into shock and lost most of its leaves. I was upset because I had babied it along. I did protect the small remaining stick from the frost this winter -- and now -- Y E S -- new leaves are coming out. Sigh of relief! There has got to be a sermon illustration in there somewhere.

No comments: