Thursday, May 5

THURSDAY
+ 05-05-05

+
¡Viva México! ¡Viva Juárez! Viva el 5 de mayo!

+
I just noticed that Linda Gilmore, who has been a steady on the Covnet list over the years, is blogging.

+ The transcript of my sermon on John 15:1-17 (from a few weeks ago) is up on SermonCentral.com.

+ Purpose-driven man -- his goal is to visit every Starbucks. Too much free time and too much cash.

+ Another large Episcopal Church, this time in Texas, has voted to leave the denomination.

+ Chris Lascano gave me a bottle of Diet Pepsi Lime -- Pepsi's answer to Diet Coke Lime. Tastes great! I understand that Pepsi has come out with a lime version of their regular cola, too.

Ever since I started growing limes the whole lime thing has really taken off. I wish I could take credit but I suspect that it has more to do with the mainstreaming in the US of Mexican and Thai food -- both of which use a lot of lime.

+ KICY, the Nome, Alaska radio station operated by the Evangelical Covenant Church in Alaska is now streaming their signal over the Internet. It's a mixed bag. Some of the programming is the same lame stuff that's on Christian radio in the lower-48 but there's also some fine local programming and because the station is picked up in the Russian Far-East, some Russian programming at night. (If you look at the schedule note that Nome is on Alaskan Time -- which puts it an hour behind Pacific Time.)

+ That other Brad is hot on the movie What the Bleep! do We Know? I'll have to put it on the to rent list.

No comments: