Thursday, June 9

THE DAY
It rained last night -- which may seem like no big deal to you but here in the Central Valley of California we usually don't have any rain between May and October.

It was still cloudy and threatening when I went into my meeting early this afternoon at Covenant Village of Turlock. I've been on the management advisory committee there for seven years. Today was the last in my term.

They had a special dinner for the committee members and then they gave each of the three retiring members really cool mantle clocks. I will miss that committee but it's not like I'll suddenly become a stranger to the Village. Many of the residents are a part of our congregation. However, it does feel good to have one less responsibility.

I have 12 months to go on my term as president of the Covenant Ministerium -- and related board assignments. I see light at the end of the tunnel. I do, however, leave next Wednesday for nine days of meetings on Colorado. I enjoy working with all the people -- a lot. But I'm ready for a change.


Speaking of change, when I left the meeting after 7 o'clock this evening the clouds were gone and we were back to beautiful spring. It should be a terrific day to drive to San Diego tomorrow to pick-up Kirk's stuff -- hours and hours of peace and quiet to work on my sermon.

No comments: