Friday, December 23

THE POWER OF SAUERKRAUT
At least twice a week I go Costco for lunch (half of the employees think I work there, too). Since I like variety in my diet, on one day I get a hot dog with kraut and on the other day I get a Polish with kraut. You can't beat the $1.50 price -- and that includes a soda.

Now it is coming out that this stuff may actually be good for me -- at least the kraut part. The latest studies show that cabbage is a powerful weapon in the wars on cancer and bird-flu. In South Korea scientists noticed that chickens which were fed kimchee (the putrid and nasty-tasting Korean version of kraut with a spicy kick) were recovering from the bird flu. It's all in the cabbage.

I'm going to have to start asking for a double portion of kraut to go on my dogs.

No comments: