Sunday, April 23

Virtual word processor

Thanks to my buddy Sean I'm now a Writely user. Writely is an online word processor which was recent infolded into the Google family. But it's not yet directly accessible through the Google system. It has a few bugs to be worked out.

Still, it is a significant step toward the virtual office. I'm looking forward to the time when I won't own software on my computer -- perhaps won't even own the computer. But we (rich and poor -- in the US, Africa, and...) will be able to enter our personal virtual offices via any Internet connecting point and on any computer terminal anywhere. It will be fast and accessible.

We've got a ways to go -- maybe a few years before it purrs.

Writely is a good start. It isn't yet an extremely productive tool but if you're interested in experimenting with it and getting used to the idea, send me an email. I think I can add a few people into the system through a collaborative document.

1 comment:

Sean Meade said...

you're certainly welcome.

and, in fact, you can invite 50 people to collaborate, thereby accounting Writely to them...