• The earthquake that rattled Guam this morning was a 6.6 shake. The only damage was to my Saturday slumber.
• New info released by the USGS -- but no surprises:
California has more than a 99% chance of having a magnitude 6.7 or larger earthquake within the next 30 years, according to scientists using a new model to determine the probability of big quakes.• They're still having trouble with math in the Guam public school system. The $25 million surplus reported a few weeks ago is actually a shortfall. I, too, found that nasty little negative sign to be confusing when I was in elementary school. ~ Link
The likelihood of a major quake of magnitude 7.5 or greater in the next 30 years is 46%-and such a quake is most likely to occur in the southern half of the state.
• One of the things which LifeChurch in Oklahoma (and elsewhere by video downlink) does really well is share. They provide everything from preschool and VBS curriculum to message outlines and graphics as free downloads. ~ Link
• Growing urban house church movement in China -- except that this new breed of house church has never been underground -- and their presence is having a ripple effect on traditional house churches -- and Chinese culture. ~ Major CT article
• CT interview with urban house church pastor ~ Link
• The estimated world population has passed the 6,666,666,666 mark. ~ Link