Tuesday, August 26
• The flags of Guam and Hawaii are among the 10 flags featured in set #2 of the USPS "flags of our nation" series to be issued September 2nd. ~ link
• More on David Scholer -- service will be at First Baptist Church of Pasadena, 2 p.m., Saturday, August 30. ~ link
• Plano, Texas -- America's most affluent city ~ link
• Oh my -- I pulled my guitar out to play a bit this evening in anticipation of our LCG music leadership team's first fall practice tomorrow night. And I realized that I haven't played all summer. I've been playing uke but not guitar and my fingers are going to be raw and sore. The ukulele is so much kinder and gentler.
• Mikey likes it! Michael Spencer, who is a vocal Southern Baptist, is pretty pumped about Concordia Press' upcoming unapologetically Lutheran Treasury of Daily Prayer. ~ link
• Racism on the golf course -- "The LPGA will require its member golfers to learn and speak English and will suspend their membership if they don't comply." Bad slice! Fore! Lawsuit on the horizon! ~ link (via)
• Finally, something that makes CFLs appear slightly (but not a lot) less ugly. ~ link
• Persecution of Christians in India -- the list ~ link
• Chinese people discovering fortune cookies -- "Americans are so strange, why are they putting pieces of paper in their cookies?" -- fun short video. ~ link
• The world IS changing -- MLB gets instant replay starting tomorrow ~ link
• iGoogle Seige Day 2 -- My iGoogle page is still under the control of the mad scientists at Google Labs. They are forcing me to deal with the left navigation experiment -- a harebrained scheme where they place a left column that you don't want on your iGoogle page to watch how you respond. The "experiment" also messes with the way that the content is displayed -- creating a more cluttered appearance -- and a less-pleasurable experience.