Monday, March 23
• "More babies born in 2007 than any other year in US history" ~ link
• I didn't feel it. There was a 5.0 earthquake in our area about 2:15 p.m., this afternoon -- epicenter about 115 miles southwest of Hagåtña, Guam.
• I counted up the number of honorary doctorates that Martin Marty has collected -- 74! (Hopefully I got that right. I'm not used to working with large numbers. I think that every time the guy goes out to eat someone gives him another DD.) And then there is the one earned PhD. He is one smart guy and probably deserves a few more letters after his name. ~ link
• Marty's latest Sightings on "The Decline of the Culture Wars" can be found here.
• Speaking of university degrees, women are now claiming more bachelor-level degrees than men in the US. The rise of the college-educated woman is also affecting the share of income going to the top 1% of households -- or so some are speculating. ~ link
• The Obama chia pet? What have you guys been doing in the States while we've been gone? Isn't there anyone minding the asylum? ~ link
• For some reason my cell phone is no longer picking up a signal in some parts of the condo. Tower change?