Hafa adai from Guam! We want to pass along a quick update:
• We are sad to report that Kathy Newell, one of our PIBC teaching colleagues, died yesterday while scuba diving outside Apra Harbor. We're all in shock but coping well. Our students who are taking final exams this week might be a little more distracted than usual. Please keep them in your prayers. More detail at: http://bit.ly/15AJDd
• We also heard that Tim Johnson, our Covenant mission colleague in Japan, lost his eldest sister Karen Pegors in a head-on collision on Sunday near Seattle. Our prayers are with that family.
• Even as we grieve, we find comfort in the PIBC community. Our PIBC community group will be meeting over lunch today for the final time. It's been a great group of student-staff-faculty which grew out of Brad's spiritual formation class last semester.
• The PIBC graduation ceremony will be held Tuesday afternoon, May 12th. There will be 9 students participating in the ceremony. Be sure to check our blog next week for pictures.
• A few weekends ago we redeemed some frequent flier miles and went to Korea to visit Kent. Slideshow at: http://bit.ly/qq5PQ
• Our very good news is that we have another contract on our condo.The first contract terminated when the buyer's financing did not materialize. If all goes according to plan we will be back in the States sometime around mid-June. We're cautious about making detailed plans with our summer schedule until we get past this stage.
• We're still needing some extra financial help to finish up with our work in Micronesia and make the transition back to the States. We'll have moving expenses and we will remain on the World Mission payroll through August fulfilling some Guam related obligations. So, we will continue to depend on the generosity of our supporters through the summer months. We are thankful for the ways that you have supported us on so many levels.
Thank you for your partnership!
The address for sending support is:
PM Support for Boydstons
Department of World Mission
Evangelical Covenant Church
5101 N Francisco Ave
Chicago IL 60625-3676 USA
Checks should be made out to the "Evangelical Covenant Church" with the clear designation "for the support of Brad & Cheryl Boydston." If possible print and include this .pdf form.