Thursday, June 25

Random

We're having a good time catching up with old friends (and making some new ones!) at the Covenant Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon. The Ministerium met earlier today and my friend Steve Bilynskyj, who had agreed to let his name stand for a position on the executive committee, discovered this morning that the position was that of president. It's good to see that not everything changed while we were gone. He'll do a great job.

I had forgotten how the twilight lingers until past 10:30 p.m. during the early summer days up north -- more so than in Turlock or Phoenix -- and certainly more so than Guam (just 13° north of the Equator) where there is no light in the sky after 6:30 p.m.

Sorry. I'll catch up (more or less) on my Facebook and Twitter in a few days.

Why Muslims like the color green ~ link

Abuna Pauolos, Patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, says that it is time to pull the ancient Ark of the Covenant out of storage and to reveal it to the world. ~ link

Two 70's icons gone -- Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. It's been a rough week for ancient-pop culture. Contrary to popular belief they were not invincible gods. Neither are the rest of us.

1 comment:

jacob said...

Who cares about a fake ‘Ark of the Covenant.’ Stephan Huller has an academic article coming up which proves that this:

http://therealmessiahbook.blogspot.com/

is the original Episcopal throne of Alexandria, mentioned in the Acts of Peter the Patriarch, Origen, Clement and other sources and dated to the first century.

I read the book. I loved it but I want to know what everyone else thinks? I think its very important but I am not an expert.

His blog with additional information is

http://www.stephanhuller.blogspot.com.

Maybe you can tell me if this for real.