Saturday, September 19

Random

• All of our new electronic gadgets are stressing the grid. ~ link

Frank Schaeffer in reference to the large number of conservative voters who think that it's possible that President Obama is the anti-Christ:
You don‘t work to move them off this position. You move past them. Look, a village cannot reorganize village life to suit the village idiot. It‘s as simple as that. And we have to understand, we have a village idiot in this country, it‘s called "Fundamentalist Christianity."
While I wouldn't put it quite that way, he is correct. We can't design a political agenda around a group with a misinterpretation of a biblical concept. But what do we do when there so many "village idiots"?

I posted on Twitter about the cricket that has been serenading us in our bedroom and suddenly I get Aussies following me. I'm certain they're thinking of that OTHER cricket. I suppose that if we hadn't sent the king packing in the 18th century I might actually understand the game now. I'm a victim of history. Reparations are in order.
Post a Comment