Tuesday, October 6

Random

Top ten countries to live in according to new UN livability index: Norway, Australia, Iceland, Canada, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, France, Switzerland, and Japan. ~ link

• "An Italian scientist says he has reproduced the Shroud of Turin, a feat that he says proves definitively that the linen some Christians revere as Jesus Christ's burial cloth is a medieval fake." I'm sure that's going to close the case -- yeah, right. However, most Christians don't see the shroud as central to faith in Christ -- just an interesting artifact of some era. ~ link

"Why I Stopped Serving the Poor" -- What do you think? Does Claudio Oliver have a clue? Does he know what he's talking about? ~ link

I'm having lunch with Luis Palau tomorrow -- and a few hundred other pastors. Apparently we're prepping for a fall 2010 2011 City Fest. I'm coming in at the middle of the show so I'm still trying to figure out the details. I suspect that I'll know more by the end of lunch tomorrow.

• Special fiesta time on the island! For the first time in 26 years Guam's only civilian hospital is once again accredited! Kudos! ~ link

2 comments:

Susan Gillespie said...

the link to the Claudio Oliver story doesn't work....

Brad Boydston said...

Got it fixed, Sue. Thanks.