Sunday, January 23

BLOGGER QUIRK
I was searching for my key lime pie recipe -- which I published on December 3rd. However, all of my early December posts don't come up in the archives. I can, however, dig back into the old posts on the blogger dashboard and find them. I tried republishing but that didn't fix the archive problem. Suggestions?

In the meantime, I better republish the pie recipe in case someone needs it.

Needed ingredients:

=> Between 12 and 18 key limes. 12 should be enough unless they are small. Key limes are also sold as Mexican or West Indies limes.

=> 3 egg yolks

=> 14 oz sweetened condensed milk

=> pre-made graham cracker crust

a) Zest the limes until you have 4 teaspoons.

b) Squeeze the limes to get 1/2 cup of juice.

c) Beat the egg yolks until shiny -- about 2 minutes

d) Combine all of the above with the sweetened condensed milk and wire whisk until smooth (or high beater setting for about 4 minutes)

e) Pour into pie crust and bake for 10-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven (or 325 degrees if your oven runs hotter than average -- as ours does). Center should set but wiggles when shaken.

f) Cool to room temperature (about 45 minutes).

g) Refrigerate 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

h) Garnish with whipped cream to serve.

No comments: