Wednesday, November 2

Wednesday Roundup

ROLLING WATER Hippo Water Rollers in action
No, these are not road workers -- but children rolling 90 liter barrels of water home -- hippo water rollers. Very creative back saving device. I can envision smoother roads as a byproduct. (via)


"CHINA IS A KINGDOM OF GEEKS"
Kristie Lu Stout is blogging about her tech tour.


ISLAND RUNS OUT OF LICENSE PLATES
For the second time since I've been paying attention to the news on Guam, the DMV there has run out of license plates. How does that happen?


WE'VE VOTED!
Cheryl and I put our ballots in the mail yesterday. I suspect that she canceled out about half my votes.


"MERRY WINTER LIGHTS"
Even in England the retailers are trying to excise any mention of "Christmas" from the annual light festivals.

Silly. Not that I really feel threatened by the trend here or there. I could care less if retailers -- or even if society as a whole fails to recognize Christmas for what it is -- the "Christ mass" -- the feast of the incarnation. It's not going to hurt the cause of Christ one bit if pagan retailers have trouble mentioning Christ. But it is somewhat entertaining to watch them scrambling to come up with new ways to divorce the season from the original reason.

It all reminds me of the letter to the editor in an American paper a few years ago. The writer was ranting about religious people -- especially some Christians "who were trying to take over everything -- including Christmas."

No comments: