Monday, October 22

Moravian Daily Text -- 2008

Daily Text 2008The 2008 edition of the Moravian Daily Texts, published by Mount Carmel Ministries, is now for sale online. This is the devotional guide that I've used for years and which I teach my spiritual formation students to use.

I usually buy a couple of copies for myself -- one for home and one for the office.

The Moravian Church
which has been selecting the texts and publishing them continuously since 1731, also publishes several versions. However, I use the Mount Carmel Ministries version -- not only because I like the layout but also because of the additional resources. They've developed the T.R.I.P. method of prayer, which I teach to my students. And they've included Martin Luther's Small Catechism in the back of the pocket-sized book.

Here is a bit of the history of the Daily Text (or Loosung in German).

They cost $8.95 plus shipping. But if you order 2-9 copies they are $6.95 each. There are additional price breaks when you order more.

No comments: