• I noticed a letter carrier today with the USPS logo tattooed on the calf of his leg. Talk about company loyalty!
• Since returning to the States I've noted a growing number of church buildings flying the American flag out front. This suggests:
a. churches are increasingly thinking of themselves as fire stations or schools
b. somebody must be questioning the patriotism of the churches
c. they've continued to drift theologically into a form of syncretism and civil religion
• LDS stake houses seem to be leading the flag flying revival. A growing number are sprouting flag poles. This is especially interesting given the historical tension that the Mormons have had with the US government.
• I've also noticed many more people have taken to memorializing their friends and relatives by adopting a section of highway for clean-up and posting their beloved's name on the roadside.
• Blame the missionaries? ~ link
• If I were the Protestant Pope I'd mandate that all CCM artists (the people who sing on KLOVE) have theological and biblical training before they are allowed to do their first recording. Furthermore, I'd require the same of all local church musicians -- especially in churches which utilize a "worship leader" who chooses music and then stands up front and makes statements about God and his people.
• Crocs on the brink... Quick growing trees are the most fragile. ~ link
• International travel to the US is up. ~ link
• Klyne Snodgrass (always worth reading) has stepped up his blogging. ~ link