• This should stir things up. Walmart's new Straight Talk no contract wireless/cell phone plan (on the Verizon network) -- for $30 a month you get 1,000 minutes, 1,000 texts, and 30MB of mobile web access, nationwide coverage, and free 411 info calls. Okay, AT&T. Okay, Verizon. What do you say to that? We currently have AT&T but no contract.
• Bryan Jeffrey Leech, contemporary hymn writer who has written so much that we find meaningful, has been recognized with the Fred Bock Lifetime Achievement Award at the National Association of Church Musicians convention. ~ link
• I ordered a copy of IVP's new Pocket Dictionary of Liturgy & Worship.
• "The situation in northern Democratic Republic of Congo where Lord's Resistance Army rebels operate is getting worse..." ~ link
• Northern Arizona University continues to expand. NAU is a really good school with a reatively low profile. ~ link
• Perk to keep people from moving to someplace warm -- "Finland makes 1Mb broadband access a legal right" ~ link
• Quotable: "There is a reason why we are told to 'love justice,' rather than to hate injustice." ~ Tim Stafford
• The Mount Carmel version of the Moravian Daily Text 2010 is available for sale online as of today. More detail later. They also have a new improved online version.
Post a Comment