Wednesday, February 16

Random

> DO WATCH the whole thing.

AS MUCH of the internet shifts to mobile platforms, Twitter is adding 15 million users a month. ~ link

KARL BARTH was a missional theologian? ~ link

CAN YOU follow this line of reasoning?
May I recommend if you're doing your own homework, don't do a Google search. It seems to me that Google is pretty deeply in bed with the government. Remember, maybe this is explaining why Google is being kicked out of all the other countries. Are they just a shill now for the United States government? ~ Glenn Beck
JEFF BULLAS: "Facebook Hits 500 Million Users: 5 Predictions For The Future" -- Can you say proprietary monopoly of the internet? But, wait, didn't we at one time fear Microsoft? Then it was AOL, then Google (obviously, Glenn Beck is stuck back in the Google-Phobia era), now Facebook. My prediction is that the next future is still on someone's drawing board -- probably not any of the previous players. ~ link

NEW BOOK on the history of Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. ~ KUAM

> "UPTICK IN divorce filings could mean improving economy" -- Cause or correlation? ~ link

"I READ DEAD PEOPLE...":
So here’s what I’ve learned. If someone has been dead for a while and his book is still in print and widely read, then it’s probably worth reading. And, if we’re honest, there are precious few books written by Christian authors today that will still be read in 24 months, let alone 24 years. I want to use my reading time to immerse myself in powerfully formative material, and not just flash-in-the-pan trends. Does this mean I never read living authors? No, of course not. But if they’re not dead, I like them to be pretty close. I can usually trust that they’re not going to waste what time they have left on this earth writing sappy Hallmark card sentimental Evangelical fluff. ~ Skye Jethani
"ELEVEN TRENDS FOR 2011 -- Strategist Will Mancini says small, social, and tech-savvy churches will be gaining momentum in the year ahead." ~ Out of Ur

DIACONAL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE in Oslo is offering a new English language master's degree in Diakonia and Christian Social Science. Scandinavian Lutherans, in spite of significant weaknesses in other areas, seem to get the whole deacon thing better than the rest of us. ~ link

PERHAPS I NEED to plant some guayule in the backyard. I did plant some jojoba last fall.

GENETIC SURVEILLANCE -- English police are using bees to keep an eye out for illegal plants. ~ NPR

LaVONNNE NEFF: "Ethical business : 10 field marks" ~ link

1 comment:

donnjohnson said...

Great video!! I'll drive slower!