Friday, June 20

MEETINGS AND MORE MEETINGS
I spent most of the day in meetings in the basement of the Rosemont Holiday Inn. Some people freak at having so many meetings but I find them stimulating and as an opportunity to provide the structure that allows the mission work of the church to move forward.

We aren't the only ones in the hotel. The main conference is an association of Homebrewers. There is a lot of sampling going on and people are walking around with one or two glasses of beer in hand. The whole place smells like a stale pub. So it was a relief to finally get outside in the late afternoon.

Today was one of the most picture perfect and pleasant days I've experienced in Chicago -- light breeze, blue skies, temps in the 70's. Sixteen of us walked down the street to Maria's for Mexican Food. That, too, was a pleasant surprise. Great chili rellenos!

After dinner I had to run out to make some photocopies and had a couple of minutes before heading back to the room to read reports. So I took a quick trip down to North Park University to see the renovation and new landscaping. All I can say is "incredible!" It's a totally different place.

No comments: