Wednesday, June 11

OFF TO SAN DIEGO
Kirk called this afternoon to report that he finished his last final. Tomorrow Kent and I will drive on down to UC San Diego pick up his stuff. BTW, today their chancellor, Robert Dynes, was named as president of the whole University of California system (annual salary -- $395,000). I'm sure Kirk will miss having him around next year.

Kirk is actually staying on campus for a few more weeks to help out with new student orientation but he has to get his stuff out of the apartment.

On the way down we'll stop in Fresno to get in a coaching visit with a church planter there. On the way back on Friday I'm hoping to stop off at the Fuller Seminary bookstore for a few minutes and I want to visit the cactus store in Pasadena. Hopefully I can squeeze in some sermon prep somewhere along the way. I'm preaching on the Trinity -- as this will be Trinity Sunday. Talk about an opportunity to get bogged down in theological minutia that nobody really cares about. But it's also a great opportunity to deal with the implications of some critical biblical teaching.

No comments: