Thursday, February 19

NARNIA
(Wednesday) When I was younger, in my teens and twenties, I used to take an annual vacation to Narnia. But it's now been more than a few years since I've had such a holiday. When I was at the Midwinter Conference I decided that I needed one and ordered a new copy of the Chronicles of Narnia from Amazon. (My old box set of paperbacks is now dust.) My new book is The Complete Chronicles of Narnia in a single volume. And it's as wonderful as I remember -- even better. I just finished the Magician's Nephew and there are so many good lines in there that must have passed me by earlier. Reading theology is so fun.

"Both the children were looking up into the Lion's face as he spoke these words. And all at once (they never knew exactly how it happened) the face seemed to be a sea of tossing gold in which they were floating, and such a sweetness and power rolled about them and over them and entered them that they felt they had never really been happy or wise or good, or even alive or awake before..."

No comments: