Monday, April 4

THE WEEK
It's looking a bit packed this week. One of the biggies on my list are the church planting "lectures" that I'm preparing for the Perspectives classes next Sunday (Modesto), Monday (Merced), and Tuesday nights (Kingsburg). I've not taught this class before and I'm not particularly fond of how others have done it (not enough interaction) so I'm trying to re-invent the wheel. I'll do a modified lecture-interaction format for the first hour and then we're going to do case-studies and presentation/directed-discussions during the second hour. One of the site leaders sent me email today telling me that they have a lot of auditors who just come for the lectures and don't read the books. I was expecting that everyone would do the reading. So, I may have to modify things even more to cover material which people could be getting from the reading.

On top of that I'm preaching on
John 15:1-17 this Sunday -- such a major passage dealing with the connectedness that we have with Christ -- I don't want to short-change the Gospel.

Still, I'm planning to take tomorrow off to work in the yard and more or less relax. The other stuff will get done -- along with the phone calls, hospital visits, confirmation class, and whatever fires flare up. What needs to get done always seems to get done.

No comments: