Friday, September 16

Friday Notes

IPOD WORSHIP
Keith Drury has a great little story about using iPods to diffuse the tension between worshipers with differing musical preferences.


MICROSOFT ANTI-SPYWARE
That big software company up in Washington has a beta version of an anti-spyware application available for download. Free (really -- Microsoft and free). Not available for Mac or Linux based machines. Of course, if you're running those machines you're probably not all that concerned about spyware. Link


BILL GATES & NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
B-quality version of a Microsoft spoof on themselves -- five minute flick. It's fun.


YAHOO'S INSTANT SEARCH
With a subtle poke at Google ("Why feel lucky when you can be right?) Yahoo has launched a search application with results appearing before you finish typing the query. It worked on about half of the words I typed in.


WONDER OF NATURE
A white giraffe


ST BERNARDS
In an age of heat sensors and helicopters the heroic St Bernard dogs are retired from the rescue business. But they are still revered. Link


MORE SPACE DEBRIS
Build and launch your own tiny satellite for $80,000. Even high school students are doing it. Link


CREATIVE DISASTER RELIEF
"Religion really has been the first responder"


HOW TO BECOME AN EXTROVERT
Steve Pavlina has a post on making the transition from being an "I" to an "E." I'm not sure that is really possible. An introvert can make the transition to acting more extroverted and even enjoying it. But that doesn't make him or her an extrovert. As I understand it the definition of an extrovert is someone who gets his or her batteries charged through extroverted activity. An introvert is someone whose batteries are charged through introverted activity. That is how they are wired.

In all of the type indicator tests I am on the line between introvert and extrovert -- but I am more introverted. I love being with people and have a reasonably strong public persona but after people-time I need lots of quiet-time to recharge my batteries. Thus by definition I am still an introvert -- even though many people would think of me as extroverted.

No comments: