Monday, September 25

Mystery DX Radio

old car radioSilence and static is mostly what you hear on the AM radio out here in the middle of the Pacific. Sure there are the three AM radio stations on Guam but other than that there is nothin' to be heard.

However, this evening the conditions were right for some skip and as I was DXing on the car radio I picked up an ABC (Australian Broadcasting Company) Local Radio station at AM 1550. I only had it for awhile and I didn't hear them mention a city. I can't find an ABC station at 1550 listed on the web. Any suggestions?

Guam is about 2,000 nautical miles north of the most northern portion of Australia.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Hi Brad,

I might be missing that you're not broadband, but can't you get a ton of Radiostations who also stream online?

blessings,

Brad Boydston said...

And I listen to lots of online radio -- a real gift in a relatively isolated place like this. But DXing is more about just having fun than serious listening or connecting. Besides, we don't have Internet in the car -- yet. :-)