Sunday, June 1

Random


Rich Mouw on politics, Abe Lincoln, and Psalm 72 ~ Link

My daughter was watching television in the family room while I sorted mail on the dining room table. I heard her yell, “I want Jesus. Jesus!!!! I waaant Jesus.” Thinking she needed some sort of spiritual help (and who better to give it to her than her spiritual-leader mother), I ran to the back room and asked, “What do you mean you want Jesus?” She looked at me like I imagine she will during her teenaged years and yelled, “Cheez-Its! I said, ‘Cheez-Its.’ I waaant Cheez-Its.” Leaving the room, I thought how easy it is to misunderstand one another, even about something as simple as Cheez-Its. ~ Read the whole article Learning to Apologize by Rochelle Melander

There have been way too many donuts in our house recently. Kenny, who has lived with us this past semester, has this side job hauling trash for one of the companies which has lots of apartment complexes. And Winchell's currently has a deal where you bring in five of their donut box tops and they'll give you a free dozen. Most people don't seem to bother. They just dump the boxes. There have got to be some benefits to dumping everyone else's garbage.

In the US there is a growing number of "older adults" marrying for the first time after age 45. ~ Link

We leave at 6:25 a.m. tomorrow (Tuesday), fly seven hours to Honolulu arriving at 5:40 p.m. today (Monday), clear US customs there, recheck the baggage and hang out in the airport for four hours. Then we fly five hours to San Francisco and arrive on Tuesday about an hour before we left Guam. I'm weary just thinking about it so I better try to catch a few hours of sleep tonight!

No comments: