Tuesday, August 5

Random


Facesærch is a really cool application that allows you to do just what you might expect -- search for faces posted online. They use the Google database. And as any narcissistic American would do I typed in my last name and it gave me a whole gallery of Boydstons -- including two pictures that I had actually posted. Except they were not pictures of me -- one was an icon of St Patrick and the other was Happiness Lodge. (How, out of all the faces I've posted on my blog it chose those two I can't figure.) When I added my first name it did come up with an old picture of me -- along with St Patrick and Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I'm sure it will improve with time -- for now just a fun toy.

It's being extremely tropical on our corner of Guam this evening. Lots of warm rain to keep the jungle green.
lime
NewSong Church has a beta on their new redesigned website -- heavier on the interactivity. Constantly reinventing the tools. ~ Link

Limes 101 ~ Link

American churches still struggle with the biblical concept of diversity -- "Biblical precedents, though, may not be enough to make someone attend church with a person of another race. Something else is needed: a tenacious pastor who goads his or her church to reach across racial lines, interracial church scholars say." Agree? Disagree? ~ Link

Guam is famous for the invasive Brown Tree Snakes but they aren't the only snakes on the island. We also have the worm-size Ramphotyphlops braminus -- which is actually indigenous to Guam. They're blind and they eat termites and ants.

I've only seen one so far. I had picked up a rock and saw what I thought was a worm -- but then noticed that it moved more like a snake -- actually kinda' cute in a way. ~ Link

Being missional in suburbia -- don't fool yourself, suburbia in many places no longer even appears squeaky clean and homogenious. Even the burbs are changing. ~ Link

Worth the price of admission -- the International Central Service's Online Toaster Museum ~ Link (via)

No comments: