Thursday, February 8

Random

...Happy 23rd Birthday to our #1 son Kirk -- yesterday Guam time -- except it's really today San Francisco time where he lives.

...I spent the morning hanging out at home waiting for the cable guy to come connect the Internet. And as you can deduce he arrived (perhaps I can now catch up on some blogs). While waiting I hung two light fixtures, cleaned up the house some more, and graded the preaching class tests. (A few of you did really well!) I also got my fish tank set-up AND read the introduction to The Forgotten Ways by Alan Hirsch, which arrived in the mail today. (I had seen that Fuller is offering a class by Alan [.pdf] -- and then I noticed that Scot McKnight was blogging through the book -- so I did the Amazon thing -- the book looks great!)

In addition, I discovered that one of our new neighbors is learning to play the drums (competition for the roosters across the street). Fortunately, the drummer lives across the parking lot and concrete buildings are fairly sound proof.

Maybe I'll take every Friday off. I seem to get a lot more done when I'm not "working."

...Melissa responded to my tag, as did Sean.

...Sean has redesigned his website -- the most change I've seen in all the years I've known him.
:)

2 comments:

Sean Meade said...

wha? ;-)

yes, i finally redesigned, but do you acknowledge that it's much better while essentially the same? ;-)

Brad Boydston said...

"...much better while essentially the same..." -- very apt description.